Tukul Village at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: WiFi, restaurant, 4-hour front desk, garden, shared lounge and terrace, airport transfer service.
- Room amenities: balconies, private bathrooms, kitchens with a dishwasher, fireplaces, seating areas, TVs and washing machines.
- Location: outskirts of Lalibela.
- Room types: single, twin and double rooms.
- Our verdict: the rooms here are clean and spacious. Many of nice balconies. The lodge is in a great location in central Lalibela. A good, mid-range option in Lalibela.
The rooms at Tukul Village, which come in a mix of single, twin and double rooms, are minimalist but have a tasteful and traditionally-Ethiopian decor. They are well-maintained, comfortable, and clean, as well as bright thanks to their large windows. All of the rooms have views of St George’s church from their balconies, as well as modern bathrooms with showers. All units have a kitchen with a dishwasher, fireplace, seating area, TV and washing machine. There are queen, twin, double and triple rooms on offer: the rooms on the upper levels have better views, so we recommend requesting one of those.
The food in the restaurant (where there is a bar) is simple but tasty enough and offers a free continental and buffet breakfast to guests. The restaurant is a pleasant place to spend time in, thanks to its quaint wood and thatched-roof design and the lush greenery that surrounds it. There is also a 24-hour front desk, garden, shared lounge and terrace. The staff here are very friendly, so should you need anything they will be glad to help. There is an airport transfer service offered to guests. Unfortunately, the property is not wheelchair accessible.
Ready to explore Lalibela?
Fusing history, culture, landscapes and wildlife along a perfectly paced circuit, this trip is a synthesis of the very best experiences on offer in Ethiopia’s northern highlands. Explorations of the ancient cities Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela are broken…