Tukul Village at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: WiFi, restaurant, 4-hour front desk, garden, shared lounge and terrace, airport transfer service.
- Room amenities: balconies, private bathrooms, kitchens with a dishwasher, fireplaces, seating areas, TVs and washing machines.
- Location: outskirts of Lalibela.
- Room types: single, twin and double rooms.
- Our verdict: the rooms here are clean and spacious. Many have nice balconies. The lodge is in a great location in central Lalibela. A good, mid-range option in the town.
Tukul Village won't blow you away, but it's a reliable mid-range option in the centre of town. Just 5 minutes walk from the rock-hewn churches, it's a great base for exploring the town.
For more options, visit our accommodation in Lalibela page.
Single, double, and twin rooms are available at Tukul Village. The rooms are simple, spacious, and decorated with Ethiopian ornaments and art.
They are well-maintained, comfortable, clean, and bright thanks to their large french-style doors that lead on to the adjoining balcony. Some of the rooms have decent views of the surrounding countryside.
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms and showers. There are queen, twin, double and triple rooms on offer: the rooms on the upper levels have better views, so we recommend requesting one of those.
The lodge has a nice restaurant and bar. The food is simple but tasty and the lodge offers a free continental and buffet breakfast to guests.
There is a 24-hour front desk, garden, shared lounge and terrace. The staff here are very friendly, so should you need anything they will be glad to help. There is an airport transfer service offered to guests.
Unfortunately, the property is not wheelchair accessible.
Ready to explore Lalibela?
Fusing history, culture, landscapes and wildlife along a perfectly paced circuit, this trip is a synthesis of the very best experiences on offer in Ethiopia’s northern highlands. Explorations of the ancient cities Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela are broken…
For more information on visiting Lalibela, including prices, timings, and other considerations, visit our page on Lalibela Tours.