Lodge du Chateau at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: restaurant, airport shuttle service, 24-hour front desk.
- Room amenities: WiFi, laundry service, private bathrooms, desks, terrace (some rooms).
- Location: central Gonder.
- Room types/prices: Double, Twin and Dormitory rooms, from $20 to $75 per night.
- Our verdict: a fairly good option that benefits from a location close to the city’s main sights, but it is not as good in terms of its amenities and maintenance standards as some other hotels in the area.
There is a range of Double, Twin and Dormitory rooms on offer at Lodge du Chateau, ranging from $20 to $75 per night. The rooms are independent, have private bathrooms and desks, and are all built around the hotel’s pleasant garden area, while some have their own terrace. Rooms away from the street are generally quieter. The rooms have WiFi, although as to be expected across Ethiopia, it may not always be reliable.
The upstairs restaurant, built in a quaint style, offers an excellent vista over the city and surrounding countryside. Continental breakfast (include in the room price) is served here every morning. The hotel provides an airport shuttle service, laundry service, 24-hour front desk and check-in services and a currency exchange among other amenities.
Ready to explore Gonder?
Fusing history, culture, landscapes and wildlife along a perfectly paced circuit, this trip is a synthesis of the very best experiences on offer in Ethiopia’s northern highlands. Explorations of the ancient cities Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela are broken…