Haile Resort at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: restaurant, bar, cafe, coffee ceremonies, pool, children’s play area, airport transfer service.
- Room amenities: TVs, WiFi, en suite bathrooms, safes and minibars.
- Location: just outside of Gonder.
- Room types: standard single, twin and double rooms, suites.
- Our verdict: this resort is a decent option, as it has good views and a wide range of amenities; however, it suffers from some maintenance issues and is not centrally located.
Rooms ranging from standard single, twin and double rooms to suites are on offer at Haile resort. Rooms all have wooden floors, as well as TVs, WiFi, en suite bathrooms, safes and minibars. Each floor has a sitting area with good views. The spacious suites have their own sitting area and can be adjoined with a twin room for families that want to be together. The rooms are clean enough but there have been some complaints about the quality of some appliances.
The restaurant at the hotel serves traditional Ethiopian and international cuisine and offers buffet and continental breakfasts (not included in the room price) as well as traditional coffee ceremonies. The resort has a bar, cafe, coffee station and exclusive dining room, as well as a conference centre with a 1,500 person capacity. The swimming pool here is large and has sunbeds, a children’s play area, children’s pool and a bar that serves snacks. The property is wheelchair accessible and provides a 24-hour airport transfer service. Other amenities offered include a hot tub, room service, private parking and a currency exchange service.
Ready to explore Gonder?
Fusing history, culture, landscapes and wildlife along a perfectly paced circuit, this trip is a synthesis of the very best experiences on offer in Ethiopia’s northern highlands. Explorations of the ancient cities Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela are broken…