Fasil Lodge at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: restaurant with outdoor terrace, garden, bar, shared lounge, airport transfer service.
- Room amenities: private bathrooms, (limited) hot water, Wi-Fi.
- Location: central Gonder.
- Room types: single, double and twin rooms.
- Our verdict: Fasil Lodge has a good location, but it won't leave much of an impression in quality or service. Being so central means there's lots of noise from the city, and sometimes calls to prayer all night long.
There are 13 rooms in total, with single, double and twin rooms on offer all of which have en-suite bathrooms and (limited) hot water.
The rooms on the ground level are sometimes a bit dark, but overall the standard of cleanliness is satisfactory and the water functions well.
If you want good views of the hills around Gondar from your room, then you can request a room on the top floor.
There is Wi-Fi, although it is often unreliable, and a laundry service. There is a restaurant with a pleasant garden seating area and an indoor dining room that serves quite good food, with a mix of typical Ethiopian dishes and Western classics such as pizza and sandwiches. A breakfast of juice, toast and coffee (among other things) is included in the price of the room.
There is also a bar that stocks a decent range of beers, spirits and wine, as well as a communal lounge and a traditional coffee ceremony area, which is a nice touch. There is an airport transfer service, but the hotel is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
Popular Trips Including Gondar
Fusing history, culture, landscapes and wildlife along a perfectly paced circuit, this trip is a synthesis of the very best experiences on offer in Ethiopia’s northern highlands. Explorations of the ancient cities Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela are broken…