Armah International at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: restaurant, bar, terrace, shared lounge, shuttle services, 24-hour front desk.
- Room amenities: en suites, Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, balconies, laundry service, room service, air conditioning (deluxe), tea/coffee stations (deluxe).
- Location: central Axum (main road to Adwa town), 1km from King Bazens Tomb, 2.4km from the Bath of Queen of Sheba.
- Room types: single, twin, double, deluxe.
- Our verdict: A well-located hotel with spacious rooms. Prepare for maintenance issues.
The hotel has 29 rooms in total, with 21 double rooms, 4 twin rooms and 4 single rooms, all of which have en suite bathrooms with wet room showers.
The rooms have classically Ethiopian decor and wooden furniture and come complete with Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs and their own balconies. Rooms are cleaned regularly, and laundry and dry cleaning services and room service are available to all guests.
Deluxe rooms are also available, which have the additional facilities of air conditioning, balconies with city views and tea and coffee-making stations. You may want to request a room on the 2nd floor of the hotel to avoid street noise. As is to be expected in many parts of Ethiopia, appliances and the quality of maintenance may fall short of international standards.
The hotel has an airy, spacious restaurant, which serves mainly Ethiopian dishes but also some dishes from around the world. A continental breakfast, not included in the room price, is available here every morning. There is a bar, which has a range of local and imported beers, wines and spirits. There is a terrace and a shared lounge, and the hotel has newspapers for guests to read.
There are airport transfer, car and bike hire and shuttle services available from the 24-hour front desk of the hotel, and the hotel has an ATM machine. There is 24-hour security and luggage storage at the hotel, and there is a business centre and a meeting room for business travellers. The hotel is suitable for people with disabilities.
Popular Trips to Axum
Ready to plan your Ethiopia adventure?
We'll spend some time listening to your aspirations, then discuss the kind of experience that might suit you.
Next we'll discuss the options, shortlist the best trips for you and present you our impartial recommendations.
We'll place a 24 hour hold on your preferred option - without obligation - whilst we talk through the details.