AG Hotel at a glance
- Popular hotel amenities: restaurant, WiFi, banquet hall, bar, 24-hour front desk, airport shuttle service.
- Room amenities: en-suite bathrooms, TVs, minibars, linen/towels.
- Location: 10-minute walk from central Gondar.
- Room types: presidential suites, king and queen rooms and standard twin rooms.
- Our verdict: this hotel is one of the better options in town, with a decent level of comfort and cleanliness as well as good food and service.
The hotel has presidential suites, king and queen rooms and standard twin rooms. All the rooms have an en-suite bathroom, a TV and a minibar, and linen and towels are provided.
While the rooms are clean, some guests have complained about broken/malfunctioning items and furniture in the rooms and problems with the hot water, so the quality of the rooms can be variable.
The rooms at the front of the hotel are quieter. Some rooms at the top of the hotel have excellent views of the mountainscape surrounding the city.
Guests have reported that the food at the hotel is of a good standard. A buffet breakfast that includes eggs and several local foods is included in the room price.
Dinner and lunch are also available, with some delicious Ethiopian dishes on offer. The restaurant also provides room service to guests.
The hotel has WiFi, although it is not the most reliable. The hotel has a ‘banquet hall’, an outdoor terrace and a bar with musical entertainment.
The front desk is open 24/7 and there is 24-hour security. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport, and the hotel is wheelchair friendly with accessible parking. The hotel has an ATM and a business lounge as well.
Popular Trips Including Gondar
Fusing history, culture, landscapes and wildlife along a perfectly paced circuit, this trip is a synthesis of the very best experiences on offer in Ethiopia’s northern highlands. Explorations of the ancient cities Axum, Gondar, Bahir Dar and Lalibela are broken…