Sales Support, Bristol
Brilliant Ethiopia is expanding fast. We’re looking for a Sales Support to join our team.
Who Are We?
Ethiopia is the first offering of Brilliant Africa - a profitable and fast-growing travel company, doing things differently. Given our success in Ethiopia, we plan to open new locations in Africa in 2019. We’ve the benefit of feeling like a startup, but also the support of our sister company Swoop (https://www.swoop-patagonia.com/) - an 8-year old specialist operator with 30+ staff.
Whilst we might look like an ‘ordinary’ travel company, we’re rather different and want to stay that way. Using Swoop’s know-how and resources, we have huge ambitions, significant backing and experience far beyond our size. As a result, we’ve turned our love of adventure travel into a profitable business in record time, with an average (delighted) customer Net Promoter Score of 9.5.
Like Swoop, Brilliant is heading towards being not just the global number one for our destinations but a stand-out brand in the travel industry, as well as the centre of gravity for a worldwide community of people with an enduring interest in African experiences.
Unlike many others, we are and intend to remain, a private company, focused on long-term impact, rather than profit, or scale. In addition to becoming the best travel option for those heading to Africa, we also aim to become the best travel company in our regions in terms of social and environmental impact, as measured by both traveller and local operator satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing
This is a key role within the Bookings team. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for Brilliant’s customers, from the point they book to the point they return from their trips. This goes hand in hand with providing crucial support to our Sales teams. We ensure this by being exemplary in our communication with customers: sharing with customers our specialist knowledge of the essential nuts and bolts that make up their trips; responding to requests in a timely, efficient and sensitive manner; and taking responsibility for customers being fully prepared for their adventures by providing excellent quality, highly accurate travel documentation.
Rapport between the team and Brilliant’s local partners on the ground in our destinations is of equal importance as we liaise on a daily basis to make sure customers have the trip of a lifetime and are highly likely to return recommending Brilliant’s services to family and friends.
- Confirm bookings for our customers and for our partners. This includes collecting any required documentation (booking forms, passport copies etc.) from customers and sending it on to the relevant partners.
- Be the main point of contact from the moment a customer books to the moment they return, responding to any queries or requests, such as those for additional services or changes, in a timely fashion.
- Respond to any unexpected amendments to customers’ itineraries (eg. our mistake, hotel closing, flight change) i.e. Brilliant or partner-led.
- Prepare final travel documentation for customers. This involves requesting information from partners, translating the itineraries into Brilliant’s own formats, and sending them to the customer, ensuring that all information is accurate. It will also involve frequently updating all spreadsheets related to the sending of the final travel documents.
- Support customers and the team with any incidents and emergencies that arise during travel.
- Real attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong written communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to juggle different tasks and prioritise effectively
- Quick to pick things up
- Interested in travel
How to Apply
If you’re interested and fit the criteria, please get in touch by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected].