Day 1 - Addis Ababa
Arrival at Bole International Airport. City tour of Addis Ababa. Welcome dinner in cultural restaurant.
Day 2 - Rift Valley
Day 3 - Dorze
Drive (5 hrs) Langano to Dorze, en route visit Lephis Forest or Senkele Game Sanctuary.
Day 4 - Dorze
Visit Dorze people and market.
Day 5 - Arba Minch
Drive (1 hr) Dorze to Arba Minch. Afternoon boat trip on Lake Chamo and game walk in Nech Sar National Park.
Day 6 - Omo Valley
Drive (2 hrs) Arba Minch to Konso. Visit Konso people, museum and Konso King.
Day 7 - Omo Valley
Drive (2.5 hrs) Konso to Jinka, en route visit Key Afar market.
Day 8 - Omo Valley
Visit Mago National Park and Mursi people. Afternoon visit Ari people.
Day 9 - Omo Valley
Visit Jinka Museum. Drive (2.5 hrs) Jinka to Turmi, en route visit Dimeka market. Optional 'Evangadi' dance and/or bull jumping ceremony if it coincides with your stay in Turmi.
Day 10 - Omo Valley
Morning visit Karo people in Kolcho. Afternoon visit Hamar people.
Day 11 - Omo Valley
Morning visit Dassanech people in Omerate. Afternoon visit market in Turmi and Hamar people.
Day 12 - Omo Valley
Hike in Turmi area. Drive (6 hrs) Turmi to Yabello, en route visit Arbore people.
Day 13 - Omo Valley
Visit Borana people, the 'singing well', and El Sod crater lake.
Day 14 - Omo Valley
Drive (6.5 hrs) Yabello to Yirgalem. Relax around lodge on arrival.
Day 15 - Omo Valley
Visit Sidamo people and coffee plantation.
Day 16 - Bale Mountains National Park
Day 17 - Bale Mountains National Park
Day 18 - Awash National Park
Drive (6.5 hrs) Goba to Awash National Park.
Day 19 - Awash National Park
Visit Awash National Park.
Day 20 - Harar
Drive (6 hrs) Awash National Park to Harar.
Day 21 - Harar
Visit Babile, Valley of Marvels and camel market.
Day 22 - Harar
Day 23 - Addis Ababa
Visit bustling Saturday market. Drive (1.5 hrs) Harar to Dire Dawa. Flight Dire Dawa to Addis Ababa. Minibus available for transport around Addis Ababa. Evening transfer to Bole International Airport for international flight.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person based on 2 people travelling together. Price is guideline only. Price will depend on your final itinerary, group size, accommodation choices, and time of year.
- Domestic flights.
- Airport transfers and road transport around Addis Ababa and Harar by private minibus.
- Road transport from day 2 until day 21 by standard 4WD with English-speaking driver/ guide, including fuel, driver allowances and accommodation.
- Accommodation based on double/ twin room sharing.
- Meal plan bed and breakfast.
- Fees for entrances, local guides, compulsory scouts/ security personnel and boats for activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- All government taxes for the services included in the tour price.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Lunches and dinners, unless stated as included above.
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary.
- Fees for photos and video.
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.