Landmarks visited on Southern and Eastern Ethiopia
Arrival at Bole International Airport. City tour Addis Ababa. Welcome dinner in cultural restaurant.
Drive (4 hrs) Addis Ababa to Langano, en route visit Lake Ziway and Abijatta-Shalla National Park.
Drive (5 hrs) Langano to Dorze, en route visit Lephis Forest or Senkele Game Sanctuary.
Visit Dorze people and market.
Drive (1 hr) Dorze to Arba Minch. Afternoon boat trip on Lake Chamo and game walk in Nech Sar National Park.
Drive (2 hrs) Arba Minch to Konso. Visit Konso people, museum and maybe Konso King.
Drive (2.5 hrs) Konso to Jinka, en route visit Key Afar market.
Visit Mago National Park, Mursi people. Afternoon visit Ari people.
Visit Jinka Museum. Drive (2.5 hrs) Jinka to Turmi, en route visit Dimeka market. Optional 'Evangadi' dance and/ or 'Bull jump' ceremony if it coincides with your stay in Turmi.
Morning visit Karo people in Kolcho. Afternoon visit Hamar people.
Morning visit Dassanech people in Omerate. Afternoon visit market in Turmi and Hamar people.
Walk in Turmi area. Drive (6 hrs) Turmi to Yabello, en route visit Arbore people.
Visit Borana people, 'singing well' and El Sod craterlake.
Drive (6.5 hrs) Yabello to Yirgalem.
Visit Sidamo people and coffee plantation.
Drive (5 hrs) Yirgalem to Goba, en route visit fish market Hawassa and hike at Bale Mountains NP Headquarter in Dinsho.
Visit Bale Mountains National Park.
Drive (6.5 hrs) Goba to Awash National Park.
Visit Awash National Park.
Drive (6 hrs) Awash National Park to Harar
Visit Babile, Valley of Marvels and camel market.
City tour Harar. Evening visit Hyena Man.
Visit bustling Saturday market. Drive (1,5 hrs) Harar to Dire Dawa. Flight Dire Dawa to Addis Ababa. Minibus available for transport around Addis Ababa. Evening transfer to Bole International Airport for international flight.
End of service.
Prices, Departures and Inclusions
Prices are per person based on 2 people travelling together. Prices guideline only, actual price swill depend on final itinerary, accommodation choices, and time of year.
- Domestic flights.
- Airport transfers and road transport around Addis Ababa and Harar by private minibus.
- Road transport from day 2 until day 21 by standard 4WD with English speaking driver/ guide, including fuel, driver allowances and accommodation.
- Accommodation based on double/ twin room sharing.
- Meal plan bed and breakfast.
- Fees for entrances, local guides, compulsory scouts/ security personnel and boats for activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- All government taxes for the services included in the tour price.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Lunches and dinners, unless stated as included above.
- Activities not mentioned or stated as optional in the itinerary.
- Fees for photos and video.
- Other personal expenses, souvenirs, tips and gratuities, etc.